- The pages on this blog site, The Vetiver Network International Website (TVNI), and the linkages from the website provide clear and proven demonstration of the effectiveness of the Vetiver System.
- Haiti's climate is ideal for rapid growth of vetiver grass and the stability that it provides.
- Haiti has for years grown vetiver for its aromatic oil, and is therefore widely known and available.
- The Vetiver System provides a low cost solution.
- The Vetiver System works well when communities are involved in its applications. Communities in other countries have shown that they can take ownership of the technology when properly trained and can organize successful VS programs.
- There are many bi-products that are income producing - bio fuel, handicrafts, thatch, and mulch.
- A major vetiver program in Haiti would provide significant employment opportunities both for on farm and public works.
- The Vetiver System can be introduced by any organization of whatever size, and is scale neutral.
- A Vetiver System program could be initiated rather quickly, thus providing new jobs.
Monday, January 25, 2010
The colossal effort and money that will have to be directed to Haiti for its reconstruction is unimaginable. Organizations working in Haiti, whether they be government, NGOs, or the private sector, when it comes to planning for a more productive agriculture, reducing the impact of future disasters (more probably storm rather than earthquake damage), reducing the impact of flood and land slippage, stabilizing soil related infrastructure, improving the quality of water supplies, and cleaning up pollution, should look to the Vetiver System as part of the solution. Why?
TVNI would be pleased to provide through its network suggestions, advice, and proven and practical expertise. TVNI can be contacted by email.
You May Also Like To Read:
Useful gallery of all blog images (with captions) posted on Picassa